Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Queen is Working In Ohio



I went to a palm reader at the flea market a couple of weeks ago.  Now that may not sound like the best idea, but genius can be found in the strangest places.  And the flea is a strange place.

He grabbed my hands, gave a little squeal, and said "Oooo, you were major royalty in a past life!"

The irony didn't escape me.  I'm sitting in a flea market, with the smell of deep fried food wafting through the air and I'm holding hands with a gnome like man. 

"A lot of good it's doing me now," I replied.  He was quick to reassure me that it was all a part of the master plan.  So if I was Cleopatra or some other fine ancient queen, I hope I had a good push up bra like her. 

The girls should always look their best.

Today, I took off the crown and got to work.  My minions seem to have disappeared which requires that I try to make some money on occasion.  Hubby and I had a medical uniform show at Villa Georgetown, in Georgetown, Ohio.


It's a real sophisticated operation.  We pack our two cars with medical uniforms and toodle on down the road. Then we unpack the car and sell, sell, sell.

The employees buy a lot because their employer offers payroll deduction.  They have four paychecks to pay for their purchase. 


God bless corporate America (sometimes.)

We always set up on the front porch of the home.  But we don't always sweat as much.  Have I mentioned that I've been sweating way too much lately?  And now that I know I was a big somebody once, well, it really yanks my chain.


Relying on my queenly dignity, I did my part, without complaint, I might add.

And then we had to pack it all up again and load our cars.

Just another day, another dollar or two and another reason to eat a large bowl of ice cream out of my gold bowl, surrounded by young, muscular slave boys who are fanning me....oops....flashback.

Those were the days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm convinced I, too was royalty in a a former life. Otherwise, why would I constantly yearn for servants? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty...maybe we knew each other in a former life. I hope we weren't trying to poison each other. If you can figure out how to get the servants to peel our grapes, let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. Listening is free. Advice will cost you.