Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back Yard Walking in Ohio

It was cool enough this evening, finally, to take a walk on our neighbor's property.

It was a solitary walk.  Hubby's favorite walk is from the couch to the refrigerator.  Unless he can get me to fetch for him.

As you can see, Queen Anne's Lace has taken over the field.  Want to know a little more about my favorite weed and why it is called a "wild carrot?"  Check it out http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/queen_annes_lace.htm.

We can all use a little education.


I love these purple flowers, weeds, whatever they are, but have no clue what they are.


They're right in there with the Queen.

If you are in  Ohio and want to hang with some people who can answer all of your questions about native plants, you should attend the Midwest Native Plant Society Conference.  It is being held at the Bergamo Center in Dayton, Ohio, August 6, 7 & 8.

You can get more information at http://cincinnatibirds.com/mwnp/
I got home just as our festive lights came on.  We like to keep the party going here in Ohio.

That little bit of exercise felt good.  For a reward, I poured myself a gin and tonic.

The tonic is for medicinal purposes.  I hear that it helps malaria.  Just in case.

2 comments:

  1. Judy...your drinking and talking to the plants again! This will make you insane...and then I will be jealous.

    I have always wanted to be insane. Tell me a story. I love stories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Queen Anne's lace. We have it here too. I remember the first time I read about it, they called it a noxious weed. That stuck in my head, obviously. hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. Listening is free. Advice will cost you.