Friday, November 19, 2010

Phun Phriday and Bison Poo

My buddy, Scott, at scottlawphotography.com., does this Phun Phriday thing which is lots of phun.  Of course he's a prophessional photographer.  I'm not, but that won't stop me.  I'm phearless.  I should stop the "ph" stuff, but I can't.  I'm phrankly powerless.

Since I haven't done anything phun today, I thought I would do a photo retrospective of my phascination with bison poo in Yellowstone.  If you're new here, I did a semi-disastrous work trip to Yellowstone Park a while back.  The result...a broken tooth and lots of pics of bison poo.

Let me explain that I'm not usually interested in scat, poo, excrement, etc.  It's just that there was so phlipping much of it.  Bison roam freely, in large numbers and honestly, they are just big scary cattle.  If you grew up on a pharm, you know that you don't walk around randomly with your head in the clouds.  If you do, you will walk with your feet in the poo.

Now this is your rather phresh bison poo.  It's about the size of a cantaloupe. 

This is the dried out version of bison poo.  At this point, one could consider trying a poo toss.  Not advisable unless one is heavily gloved or totally wasted.

This is the artsy photo of bison poo.  The snow on top adds the needed contrast.  What do you think, Scott?  Is it prize worthy?

I've titled this one "Pen in Poo."  It speaks for itself.



And finally, a Christmas ornament made out of bison poo.  You can buy this for yourself at dunganddunger.com.  I am begging you to buy some Christmas presents from these pholks.  I truly believe that if someone doesn't come up with some new uses for bison poo, we will be up to our necks in the shit.

And when the volcano lurking under Yellowstone phinally blows, there will be poo phlung from coast to coast.  Not that it will matter at that point, but if I'm going to be wiped out by a volcano, I don't want to be covered in bison poo while I'm waiting to die.

Sorry, Scott.  If you were expecting something a little classier, I've phailed you.  But it was phun!

If you are really bored, you can still see my Yellowstone adventure at yellowstonedreaming.blogspot.com.  I haven't been sued yet by my phormer employers, so I think it's safe.  Happy Phun Phriday to you all and to all a good night!

4 comments:

  1. Judy, I found you again... not that you were lost but I'm glad to see you back here again!

    Now about this poo stuff, hmmm I think that I've talked poo enough with you in the past, enough poo talk from me! lol

    Have a fantastic weekend, I'll see you here again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Poo revisited. I am anxiously awaiting hanging my own personal Bison Poo ornament on my tree this year. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. And suddenly I can't think of anything that I can start with a "ph" that works in this comment. Thanks for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks phriends for you phriendly comments.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. Listening is free. Advice will cost you.